19th Annual Art of Motion Picture Costume and Design Exhibition @ FIDM

Saturday, February 05, 2011, was the opening of the 19th annual art of motion picture costume and design Exhibition @ FIDM. Right after parking we made a B line for the exhibition. I love costume design and nothing gives me grater pleasure than to see these wonderful costumes in person. I have often thought about working at a museum, but how does one get started?

Enough about me ...

Here are a few pictures of the costumes. I took about 140 pictures, but I only found 12 that I wanted to show you.

The exhibition was in a Z pattern, which was fun to walk around.





While watching Burlesque ... I noticed that some of the scenes look like Cabaret. The costumes and musical numbers were pure candy, but the story line sucked.















On a bathroom break, I found the famous Dior dress displaced in a glass case. Across from that was a wall show casing a few pictures and designs. They always have the best displays. I remember when I attended FIDM they had a new display on each floor, every week. I miss those days, going in early or staying late just to walk around wishing I could touch the outfits behind the glass cases. Memories :) Oh, They also had a display of men's accessories and perfumes in a small room off to the right of the elevator. I didn't take any pictures, didn't know if I was aloud. I should have taken at lest one ... Oh well, next time.






Here is a blurred picture of the party from the outside.




Oh, and I found me a celebrity, Nick Verreos. He was there last year as well. Didn't say "Hi", although now that I think of it, I should have.




Sorry this post is long over due, I'm just trying to finish a few things before I get into filming some tutorials. As for the new tutorial, I'm having trouble with the voice over part. It's hard to do everything without any help. TTFN




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a Sleeve for your DressForm

New Video!